Google It

Friday, June 26, 2009

Reflections on Charice, the Wonder Kid


This site is intended to be about inspiring Filipinos so let's get started.

I am reminded of Charice Pempengco, a young girl who joined a singing talent search in a Philippine TV show. I do not know if she won that one.I am not a follower of her story. Even if she made international TV appearances in Ellen De Generes and Oprah's shows and had shared the stage with Josh Groban, THE Celine Dion, among other prominent international stars, I never really bothered to know more about here. But I must admit I am VERY impressed and happy of what she has achieved. And I think her growing popularity is a good point of reflection about our own lives.

During one interview, a reporter asked about Charice's career plans. The young lass said she wants to continue doing her passion, which is singing. She dreams about being able to make it big internationally and try out different music genres. A simple answer that reveals a number of life truths.

First, I believe people enjoy and succeed in life most if they are doing their PASSION. You cannot stop people driven by their greatest desire. Of course by desire I meant life dreams like a house of their own, a steady growing business, a promotion, or graduation honors. These maybe short-term or long-term goals. But want I want to stress is that passion motivates people to do there best and continue being better than best. Passion also motivates us to work harder no matter what the cost. I used to teach in the Philippines and I enjoy what I'm doing. No, I LOVE what I am doing. And even if it entails a lot of lesson preparation on top of activity planning and other administrative errands, I do not mind. It's because it's my Passion. Plain and simple.

Second, I believe having DREAMS make us feel alive and optimistic. There is a sense of purpose for our existence. I have a friend who dreamed about having their own house. Since her parents are both unemployed and her older brothers have families of their own, instinctly I believe, that she took it upon herself to strive hard to achieve this dream. Guess what? Her family now resides in the house of their own. And she now sells houses & properties to others who want the same dream as hers. And now she can get marry, which is another dream of hers hehehe.

Lastly, I believe that those who already are successful in life, NEVER rest on their LAURELS. They never stop working and pursuing goals in life! They continue to explore opportunities for growth and learn from other successful people. The dreaming never stops! The passion is continued to be fueled! Look again at Charice's career, it continues to take momentum in the international scene. Look at my friend's story. She has bought her own house and NOW she is helping others have their own as well. Never stop with success.Never stop pursuing your passion no matter what the obstacles maybe. And NEVER stop dreaming BIG.






No comments:

Post a Comment