Google It

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What are your Soul Dreams?


This morning I was reading Bo Sanchez' e-book, "How to Know if Your Dreams are God's Dreams" and it is a wonderful reading material. Each chapter is short but loaded with personal stories and reflections on how to identify soul dreams and passions.

I like to reflect (or daydream) in the sense that I want to be constantly aware that what I am doing are what God wants me to do. Once in a while in a middle of a chore, I would recall the days passed and asked myself, "Lord did you like what I did?", "How can I improve it?".

But to really IDENTIFY what my DREAMS are is something that I am not serious thinking about. Maybe because I've been contented with what I have right now. I have a loving and supportive family in Manila; a wonderful husband (God's gift I often tell myself); a new job (I was recently hired to teach History here in Dubai, even if it is difficult for Filipinos to get hired to teach in non-Filipino schools. Read about it in a related post, In His Perfect Time); friends I can talk to once in a while for source of strength; stable employment for my husband; an affordable private room with attached bathroom (living in Dubai is expensive mind you), among other things.

Reading Br. Bo's e-book made me think hard and start writing down my dreams. Some of these dreams I had them when I was very young while the others are just recent. I'd share my most recent -- a dream me and my husband shares and hopes to fulfill soon.

After maybe some years of working abroad, we want to start a business that would allow us to be our own bosses. A business that would generate a lot of money to finance other businesses but at the same time become a source of fund to help poor but deserving children in our community, or any one who needs help. I believe this is one of my soul dreams. In short, we want to be rich. But we want to be financially and spiritually rich at the same time. Like Br. Bo, we want to be millionaire missionaries. =)

So I urge you to start thinking hard and writing down your dreams. Just write them down. And then read the e-book (just go to bosanchez.ph) and find out how you can identify your soul dreams in your list. And please, do pass this info to your friends. I don't get paid for this you know, I just want to share this with you because I believe to know God's dreams for our lives is what will truly make us happy persons. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment