Google It

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Kenny Urbanite 09 Open Run

Kenny Urbanite 09 Open Run is definitely one of my accomplishments in life.
It was my first time to participate in a 5k marathon. I'm not much of a jogger nor a runner but I give it a go anyway.
It started at The Fort while ago, at 9:00 p.m.
It was really fun seeing other first time runners
getting ready for the run, eager to start the race.
I think there were more than 3000 runners all in all who participated in the 5k, 10k and 15k runs.
I'll say it again, it was really fun.
Then it reminded me of a line from our Legion Handbook, "Must finish the race".


My personal objective was to simply finish the race. I thought of being in the top three but that would be asking too much. In reality, I am not a regular runner so it's kind of a exaggeration if I insist on being in the top three, less I want to end up in a medic ambulance. So I settled on the goal of finishing it and it does not matter how long it will take me.

Half in the race, I'm already experiencing leg cramps and shortness of breathing but I keep on. My left ankle hurt and so I took occasional strides and brisk walking but I didn't totally stop. Like the rest of the Kenny Urbanite runners, I moved on. The sight of the finish line pushed me to continue even if I almost thought that I will faint even before I reach it.

In life, we do set goals or dreams. We also exert our best effort to realize them. And the difference between achieving it or losing it is a matter of focus and consistency in doing it. I once read that the secret to success is constancy in purpose. Like in a marathon, if you want to finish or win it, you have to continue running/jogging; you have to push yourself to keep going even if it seems too far or too hard to finish.

It was a good run for me because I finished it. Better because I did it under 50 minutes and I'm a first time 5k runner. Not bad.


I look forward to a second Kenny Urbanite 09 Open Run. It's not only the race. I am happy that I can help other Filipinos by donating to Hands On Manila and 57-75 movement.

Let's keep running for a good cause.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first 5k :)It will be the first of many :) Awesome! Hope to meet you and your hubby in person soon.

    Cheers,
    Luis

    ReplyDelete